All pupils leaving Our Lady’s R.C. Primary school will be physically literate and will have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport at Our Lady’s R.C. Primary School.
- Pupils will be engaged in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport will be raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Staff will show increased confidence, knowledge and skills in teaching PE and sport
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities will be offered to all pupils
- There will be increased participation in competitive sport
- Teachers who have been trained to plan and deliver effective PE lessons in previous academic years will continue to plan and deliver effective PE lessons. Good practice is shared amongst staff, co-ordinated and monitored by the PE Leader.
- Lunchtime supervisors who have been trained to plan and supervise sports activities use this knowledge and experience to help children access sport regularly during lunchtime.
- PE resources within school continue to improve year after year, allowing teachers to deliver the PE curriculum effectively and allowing lunchtime supervisors to deliver other sports activities.
- Children enjoy and are enthusiastic about sport, creating a positive sporting culture within school. Children also have a good understanding of health and well-being.
- Investment has been made in P.E. equipment which will provide children with the opportunity to participate in these sports for a number of years before needing to be replaced