Our school has an open door policy to parents, meaning you are welcome to come and discuss your child at any time, you do not need to make an appointment, although this may help to ensure you are able to find out what you would like to know. Class teachers are available most days after school. Mrs Woolaway, Mrs Flint and Mr Revell may also be able to talk with during the school day. If we are not able to speak with you we will arrange a mutually convenient time to do so.
We aim to regularly involve parents in the education of their child through a variety of different ways including:
• Regular meetings with your child’s class teacher and/or SENCo
• Meeting other professionals who work with your child (we would need more notice to arrange these meetings).
• A newsletter is sent home every other Friday and posted on the website. This has information about all the things which are going on in school and upcoming dates for your diary.
• A termly class newsletter is sent home and posted on our website to inform parents of what will be going on in their child’s class during the term.
• Home reading logs
• Some children may have home/school books to inform parents of important information
• Information on the school website
• Parents’ evenings once a term
• Parent drop-ins/coffee mornings
• Parent questionnaires
• Parents’ views on Annual Review documents